Sunday, May 20, 2007

XXXIII Torneo Villa de Madrid

Lot of time with no updates, I have been a litlle bit bussy this week because my job. Last weekend I was in Madrid in XXXIII Torneo Villa de Madrid. My father and me travel on Friday to make some flights in the field, we made more changes of lines than flights because the strong wind, I was afraid the weekend would be a nightmare but finally wind wasn't a matter :-)

The contest was going to start at 3 o'clock so we went to the field in the morning to set the tent, boxes and winches. We were 32 pilots and we just made two rounds (one per day). Very strong wind all weekend long so you had to take care in launches. The key of this contest (every year) is to be very careful, we never made more than three rounds, so If you make a fail you lost all your oportunities to get a good classification. I had this idea in my mind and after a horrible result in f3b nats I wanted to make a good performance and... I got it!!!!

Yes, I made my best result in a national contest 4th classified, that would be third because a wrong decision of the organzization (not unique). More people was affected by this decision. In round 1 of duration two pilots of the same team had to fly in the same group, they made an unofficial claim and after the answer of the organization they refused to fly this task. Second sad event was that organization join two pilots with the same frecuency in a duration group, the pilots lost their planes, one of them was a Portuguese pilot. Portuguese pilots decided to retire from the contest because they were very upset with organization.

Personally and fortunately I didn't have any problem but I understand pilots. Is very dificult to organize a f3b contest in Spain, there's no aeromodelling clubs with enough infrastructure. Grupo Halcon Club made this year the 33th edition of this contest. Congratulations guys! But I think in this kind of event you have to controll 100% some things like radio frecuencies. We practice a very expensive hobby/sport (at least for me) and when I pay a inscription for a contest I think that I transfer control frecuencies and a lot of more things to an Organization. By the way I'm sure there will be a 34th edition, taking care of what happened this year.

In positive side... Spanish pilots have improved very hard in speed task. Daniel Portella got a new Spanish Speed Record: 16,16 seconds. And a lot of pilots flew under 18 seconds (not me) I made two 19 seconds speed flights. In one year I have improved about 5 seconds, so I'm very happy with it. Next events in Kassel and Emmen. Two contests with an amazing high level. Then will be time to enjoy and learn as much as possible.

Results

Photos