Sunday, April 29, 2007

F3B Spanish Championship 2007

Last weekend I was in F3B Spanish Championship 2007. F3B at Home Team (Sergi Subias, Fernando Valls and Sergi Valls) had to defend his trophy of year 2006... Impossible Mission. Every year there's fewer pilots. Like last contest in Palencia I was very well in one task, speed, I improve my personal score two times. Now my best speed is 19,50 seconds. Last best speed was 20,90... No comments, I know what you think. I got 14th place from 17 pilots and 4th place from 6 teams. I'm a little upset with my results but I know my "restricitions”, now I'm faster than ever, I got the 4 best average speed. It's a pitty this contest was not a Speed Cup :-P


Amazing perfomance of Portella Team, they won the Team trophy. All of them flew Walter Reist's planes. New Age and also Warp worked very good. Dani got his third National Championship and he is going to win more, I'm sure... Javier and Alberto has improved a lot his flight features since they are flying with Warp. Sometimes the plane improves the pilot.

Jesus and Ruben Merinos (2nd & 3rd) stroke again with his brand new Crossfire . I think their performance have stood up because they have a very good third member in the team: Miguel Casares, one of the best pilots in the little history of spanish f3b, After a rest of some years he has came back

Nunca Mais Team had the absence of the youngest pilot in Spain, Adrian Rodriguez. Alvaro went on with Furio and Jose Manuel Quintas has new planes this season: Ceres and Trinity, most of contest was flying Ceres. I think one week ago Quintas had a little crash with his Crossfire and he take the adventage to test his new planes. I think Ceres is a very interesting option with a lighter version.

Iñaki Elizondo, one of the strongest pilots got the 8th position, this time flew with the Aris that won La Muela F3F International Contest. He is waiting for Radical but it doesn't arrive. So this time had to fly in not optimum conditions.

This time we had a new pilot, Marcos Martinez. He was attended by Carles Aymat and Andoni Gorriñobeaskoa. Marcos made nice photo's that you can see in his site. Friday afternnon made his first launches with his Tempus and next day began his first f3b competition. Very good Marcos!

And what about the F3B at Home Team...? Well, Sergi Subias flew very good, we had two mistakes in his flights: we lost task time in one of the distances and we made a 0 in last speed (we wait too much for launching, we made three launches and we spend working time before finish the task). Anyway he was fourth, and probably he would be 3rd if he had made the last speed :-( Our surprise was when the organization published for first time the individual results where Sergi Subias was 1st classified and Daniel Portella 2nd. Finally the results were corrected and the winner was Dani. My father had a lot of problems all weekend long. Friday evening decided to fly with Nyx Furio. He had been long time without flying Furio and that was a big handicap. Persoanlly it has been a bad contest but at least I have improved a lot in speed task, Madrid will be a new chance. And also Kassel and Emmen!!!!! I will fly in world cup, so I have to work very hard!!!!!!

Photos made by Marcos Martinez
Photos made by Sergi Subias & Sergi Valls
Individual results
Team Results