Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Don't buy a Saab II, 6th, 7th & 2nd and more things...

:-( F3B season is almost ended. Fantastic four days that began like a nightmare. We went
to Palencia on Thursday very soon to be in the f3j nats in the afternoon. After 150 km, the car was ko again Argghhhhhh!!!! I thought it was the end of the travel but we feel like going to the contest we decide to rent a Opel Zafira. The matter was that that Thursady was holiday so was very difficult to rent one.Finally we arrive three an a half hours later but our firends decided to make the contest on Friday morning. :-)

We made 5 rounds in f3j contest plus a fly-off of four pilots. I took advantage of the contest to trim my Europhia in duration task and landing. Launching in rounds was made by winches with 150 meters of line. Just fly-off was f3j pure because we don't have enough tools for everybody. The planes got highest altitudes with turnaround pulley :-P I just make one almost 1o minutes flight (first round strangly). Finally I was sixth. After the contest begun to arrive people and we met to have launch and make some flights later. I tried to trim the Europhia for speed making some flights waiting for first day of contest.

F3J Results:

1- Ruben Merino Gomez
2- Jesus Merino Gomez
3- Andoni Gorriñobeaskoa
4- Andres Cardona Vidal
5- Adrian Rodriguez Otero
6- Me
7- Fernando Valls Castella

Next day was the first day of competition. This time we had in F3B at Home Team our friend Carles Aymat. Almost all day long we had light tail wind so the launches were a litlle bit shorts. You had to get altitude looking for the thermal in distance and duration. The left side of the field had a good performance so a lot of disatnces were won with 20-24 laps. In my case I flew my Europhia without ballast (so 2.4 kg) and worked really well. Duration task was very stressful. Few times I got a good thermal, lot of times I was flying in low altitude looking for small thermals. I was very good with landings, a lot of 100 points (I think :-P). After the end of the day I moved back the hook 1 mm. because I felt the launches hadn't been enough good. I made a test fly. Everything OK so we went to rest and have dinner. Mmm...

Secon day crossed wind. We had two directions to set the winds, so until midday we were changing of position our winches :-P We tried to make 6 rounds to discharge the three worst tasks but there was not enough time. Second day I improved my scores.

The team was second classified :-) Maybe we could improve our scores because I was the helper of Carles in a lot of distances and durations. I don't have enough experiences to "see" thermals and position of the plane with base b :-P My father has two problems. First of all his FC-28 becames crazy and the settings were ko so he had a lot of problems. When he restored his radio during a distance task (with good conditions and running a lot) he crashed with Iñaki's Aris. Aris was down and my father could land with a wing tip of Aris in the edge of the Furio's wing :-(

F3B Results:

1- Daniel Portella (Mr. Again) 14.412
2- Iñaki Elizondo Casado 13.600
3- Ruben Merino Gomez 13.498
4- Carles Aymat Simo 13.374
5- Jose Manuel Quintas Vide 13.237
6- Alvaro Barcia 12.910
7- Me 12.885
...
13-Fernando Valls Castella 11.353
...
19-Marcelino Puñal Pensado 7.254

F3B Team Results

1- Nunca Mais
2- F3B at Home
3- Pla de Vent
4- EA Palencia
5- Aero Tres
6- Grupo Halcon