Thursday, May 04, 2006

Contest chronicle

My perform

Fantastic weekend. My final fifth position wasn't in my mind before begin the contest. A lot of thermals and windy conditions. The ground of the field was very hard and some places without grass, so my Caracho has lost some weight in landings :-) Everybody says that Caracho has some problems with duration task. That's right, I had two horrible scores in task A that didn't let me arrive to third position :-( However he works perfect in distance and speed. In other contests I used to get most of points in duration. Now, with my “bird” I can earn more points in every task. Yeahh!!! Very proud of my speed flights. I'm not enough fast but my plane makes the right route. I think that I need to get more altitude in launch so I will be able to accelerate more in the beginning of the task. I have to improve my altitude in launch My zooms were “soft” because I didn’t want to stress my damaged v-tail. My landings has to be more precise :-P In duration I have to improve my flights in bad conditions and I think that I have too much travel in ailerons. For distance I always put two aluminum bars, Caracho don't need too much extra weight to get more inertia. For speed, full ballast (about 900 grms.)

Tools

Japanese 1.15 lines didn’t break in windy conditions. We used: japanese 1.15 line , EMC-Vega 1.22 and 1.32. Crossfire looks a very good weapon. Very good feelings. Two Europhias were flown in the contest (not mine) No doubts about its behaviour, I think that I just have to "make" hours in the field. A lot of Walter Reist winches. People is using both versions,o ne with lucas motor an other version with bosch. Planes: Warp, Nyx, Nyx Furio, Caracho 3000, Caracho 3.1, Cobra, O/D, Eagle, Tempus, Europhia, ... . The winner flew an hybrid of New Age Fuse with a repaired Furio Wings. This plane is being flown by Dani with very good results. The repaired wings were from Furio he ordered for wc but the package arrive damaged as the wing that were inside :-(

Conclusions

The team for wc will be formed by Daniel Portella, Iñaki Elizondo and a third member is still for be chosen ( not me :-() There are three more contests that can score in the ranking (Madrid, Lisboa, Palencia) The level of pilots is rising. The speed task times stand up compared with contests of last years. Bad news…. Number of competitors: 15. We used to be about 20 or more. I hope to see in next events people from Valencia, Madrid, Burgos, Euskadi,… and also from Portugal like Jorge Infante. Personally this contest has been a success (I know there's many things to improve). To be in a WC and see how things works in high competition has taught me a lot of things. This year I have work harder in trainings and getting a good settings for my plane. I have been more careful with lines and winch. Next contest in Madrid (13th-14th May). A three rounds contest that scores for ranking. Very dangerous for people that is fighting for the thir place of the national team.

Gratefulness

To my father (to be so patient and support me always I need his help). To Carles Aymat, Daniel Portella, Javier Portella, Walter Reist, Sergi Subies and Andoni Gorriñobeaskoa (because when I really need some help during the contest I always could go to them). To Marcelino Puñal and Iñaki Elizondo (they fixed my v-tail me in the field so I could go on with my Caracho all 6 rounds). And thank you very much to Club Aeromodelismo Osca and all people from the club that organize an amazing contest for fifteen “crazy” f3b pilots